Sundaresan.R, Sasikumar.C, Nagaraja. M, S.Karthikeyan, MS.Sivahari Shankar
Sundaresan.R1, Sasikumar.C2, Nagaraja. M3*, S.Karthikeyan3, MS.Sivahari Shankar3
1College of Applied Industrial Technology, Jazan University, Baish, Saudi Arabia.
2Department of Mechanical, Bannari Amman Institute of Technology (BIT), Sathyamangalam-638401.
3Department of Mechanical, PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul-624622.
Volume - 10,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2020
The non-renewable energy resources of petroleum and other CO2 sources are increasing the pollution level and causing the environmental effects. Future scenario coal and oil might not be a source of fuel for power generation. Solar energy contributes to a reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in comparison to energy generated from fossil fuels. It promotes viable source of energy, being renewable to meet global needs of power. The objective of present work is to investigate the feasibility of generating power indirectly from oceans by harnessing the temperature difference between the sun-warmed surface of tropical oceans and the colder deep waters.
Cite this article:
Sundaresan.R, Sasikumar.C, Nagaraja. M, S.Karthikeyan, MS.Sivahari Shankar. A Study on Power from Ocean waves. Int. J. Tech. 2020; 10(1):21-23. doi: 10.5958/2231-3915.2020.00004.8
Sundaresan.R, Sasikumar.C, Nagaraja. M, S.Karthikeyan, MS.Sivahari Shankar. A Study on Power from Ocean waves. Int. J. Tech. 2020; 10(1):21-23. doi: 10.5958/2231-3915.2020.00004.8 Available on: https://www.ijtonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-10-1-4
2. http://www.esru.strath.ac.uk/EandE/Web_sites/02-03/ocean_thermal_energy /group% 20project/exports/otecex.html
3. Faming Sun, Yasuyuki Ikegami, Baoju Jia, Hirofumi Arima., 2012. Optimization design and Exergy analysis of organic rankine cycle in ocean thermal energy conversion. Applied Ocean Research.35, 38– 46.
4. Gerard C. Nihous, An estimate of Atlantic Ocean thermal energy conversion (OTEC) resources, Ocean Engineering 34 2210–2221 (2007).
5. S. M. Masutani and P. K. Takahashi, Ocean thermal energy conversion, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA, 2001 Academic Press.
6. Noboru Yamada, Akira Hoshi, Yasuyuki Ikegami, Performance simulation of solar- boosted ocean thermal energy conversion plant, Renewable Energy 34 (2009) 1752– 1758.